The FLAG South area comprises the coastal zone of County Cork generally extending 10 km inland from the coast
FLAG South, through public consultation, has developed and ranked a set of priorities for their area.
The summary below sets out the areas of prioritisation for FLAG South.
- Creating and maintaining jobs in coastal areas
- Promoting innovation in fisheries and aquaculture and supporting diversification inside and outside commercial fisheries
- Adding value to fisheries and aquaculture products
- Strengthening the role and governance of fisheries communities in local development
- Lifelong learning and attracting young people in fisheries and aquaculture areas
- Promoting social well-being and cultural heritage in fisheries and aquaculture areas
- Promoting the environmental assets of the fisheries and aquaculture areas and mitigation of climate change
Download the Full Strategy Here: FLAG South Local Development Strategy