The FLAG South West area comprises the coastal zone of County Kerry and the coastal Zone of County Limerick bordering the Shannon Estuary, generally extending 10 km inland from the coast however projects further inland will be considered on a case by case basis should they positively impact coastal communities.
FLAG South West, through public consultation, has developed and ranked a set of priorities for their area.
The summary below sets out the areas of prioritisation for FLAG South West:
- Creating and maintaining jobs in coastal areas
- Adding value to fisheries and aquaculture products
- Promoting innovation in fisheries and aquaculture and supporting diversification inside and outside commercial fisheries
- Lifelong learning and attracting young people in fisheries and aquaculture areas
- Promoting social well-being and cultural heritage in fisheries and aquaculture areas
- Strengthening the role and governance of fisheries communities in local development
- Promoting the environmental assets of the fisheries and aquaculture areas and mitigation of climate change
You can Download the Full Strategy Here: FLAG South West Local Development Strategy