The West FLAG area comprises the coastal zones of Counties Galway and Clare. The area of FLAG operation will typically be the 10 km coastal strip however projects further inland that positively impact the coastal strip they will be considered on a case by case basis.
FLAG West through public consultation, has developed and ranked a set of priorities for their area.
The summary below sets out the areas of prioritisation for FLAG West
- Creating and maintaining jobs in coastal areas
- Lifelong learning and attracting young people in fisheries and aquaculture areas
- Adding value to fisheries and aquaculture products
- Promoting innovation in fisheries and aquaculture and supporting diversification inside and outside commercial fisheries
- Promoting social well-being and cultural heritage in fisheries and aquaculture areas
- Strengthening the role and governance of fisheries communities in local development
- Promoting the environmental assets of the fisheries and aquaculture areas and mitigation of climate change
You can Download the full Strategy here: FLAG West Local Development Strategy