The North East FLAG area is located in the coastal zone of Counties Louth, Meath and Fingal and comprises 31 Electoral Divisions covering a total land area of 1,053 km2 . The North East FLAG has a relatively strong urban structure with 77% of electoral divisions falling into the aggregate urban category of over 1,500 inhabitants. In the three Counties, the most densely populated zones are located in the coastal regions.
FLAG North East, through public consultation, has developed and ranked a set of priorities for their area.
The summary below sets out the areas of prioritisation for FLAG North East:
- Job Creation/Maintenance
- Supporting Innovation and Diversification
- Adding Value to Fishery and Aquaculture Products
- Lifelong Learning & Attracting Young People
- Promoting Social Wellbeing and Cultural Heritage
- Promoting Environmental Assets
- Strengthening Role and Governance
You can download our full strategy here: FLAG Northeast Local Development Strategy